I’m not really a Valentine’s Day person. Not because I think it’s a commercial holiday (which it is) or that we should show our love everyday of the year not just on Feb 14 (which is true), but because I just generally don’t get excited over pink and chocolates and hearts and teddy bears.
Chocolate on it’s own. Yes. In a big red heart shaped box? Meh.
Not to say that I don’t enjoy any excuse to celebrate love. Because I do.
Which brings me to my favorite things for February. I’ll probably have a low key date night with my husband and these are just a few things I’d grab to get ready.
1. I love a good chandelier earring as much as the next girl, but I adore these simple and classic silver earrings from Target.
2. Lately I’ve been loving anything floral. Maybe because spring is on the horizon. This is a homemade fabric flower that my mother made a few years ago. I’ve been wearing it like a brooch on blazers and sweaters.
3. Sparkles just exude romance. This gorgeous necklace came from Charming Charlie. And if you’ve never been to Charming Charlie, it’s like a time warp. I seriously lose hours in this store.
4. Having my nails painted always makes me feel put together and polished. I’m loving this girly neutral Desert Rose by Rimmel London.
5. And no look is complete without a fabulous fragrance. I’ve always loved Summer by Burberry. It smells just like summer.
So are you all about Valentine’s Day or are you like me and just like an excuse to eat chocolate?
*This is not a sponsored post. I just genuinely love all this stuff.