Awhile ago, I found some gorgeous ikat fabric at Joanne’s that I fell in love with. The shades of gray and the citron (though it looks way more yellow in the photos) was perfect.
Until I changed my mind with the direction the bedroom was headed and the colors didn’t work at all anymore.
So I did what any sane person would do — I painted the fabric.
Before on the right. After on the left. Confusing — I know.
There are those moments when you just have to make something work. I am a master at painting things to make it into what I need it to be.
I used a regular matte wall paint, a small paint brush and about 15 minutes to paint and a half hour to dry. And I figured that if it didn’t turn out well — I was only out about $3 for the fabric. This was totally a low risk project that I’m glad I decided to take on.
Now I know that this isn’t going to be a solution that’s always available — but it worked in this instance and I really like how it turned out.
I didn’t like it (anymore) — so I changed it. And that’s my tip for the day. Just because it started out one way doesn’t mean that it must stay that way. Take risks. Decorating a home is an adventure.
And as always —